Lagos building caught fire
Lagos building caught fire
Lagos building caught fire
Fire gutted a one-storey building in the Ikate area of Surulere, Lagos State, on Monday
The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said in a statement that the fire was caused by electric power surge when supply was restored to the area.

He added that the fire had been extinguished by emergency responders, who stormed the premises when an alarm was raised.

Oke-Osanyintolu stated, “On arrival at Yaru Street, Ikate Surulere, Lagos, first responders discovered that the upper floor of a one-storey building caught fire due to an electric power surge on restoration of power supply to the area.

“Fortunately, no life was lost and no injuries sustained. The combined efforts of the agency’s responders and firefighters from Lagos State and the Federal Fire Service were engaged in curtailing the spread of the fire to adjoining buildings and have extinguished it completely. The operation has been concluded.”

In this article:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *