|FILE PHOTO: Fire|
It was learnt that vehicles parked within the premises of the building were damaged.
The Lagos State Emergency Agency confirmed the incident.
The agency in a statement said the fire started from a power surge,
It said, “The Agency responded to Okeowo Somorin Street, Ifako Gbagada which appears to have caught fire from a power surge when electricity supply was restored.
“There are no casualties but the flames spread very quickly to a number of vehicles and a generator within the premises.
“Joint responders of Lagos Fire Service and the agency are working to curtail the spread.
“Once this is done, a full assessment will be carried out.”
In this article: